Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!


So my roommates and I went on a baking adventure. We purchased a crockpot from Target, and we bought all the necessary supplies and ingredients. Lets just say our room smelled like fall. I was a little hesitant on the sound of it being that I am not the hugest pumpkin fan, but let me tell you this was delicious! So being that I have my nice camera at school, We all decided to document each and every measurement. For your sake I am not going to post every picture.


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (or in our case... chocolate chips)

Preparation:

In mixing bowl, combine oil with granulated and brown sugars; blend well. Stir in beaten eggs and pumpkin puree. Sift dry ingredients together; stir into pumpkin mixture then fold in chopped nuts. Pour batter into greased and floured 1 lb. 10 oz. coffee can (make sure it will fit in your crockpot with cover on) or use baking dish which holds batter and fits in your crockpot. Place can in crockpot. Cover top of can with 8 paper towels; place lid on crockpot. Bake on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Do not lift lid until the cake has cooked at least 2 hours.
Cassandra and I getting excited!
With our beautiful crock pot!

Ingreds

What a beauty!

Abby so stoked!

The gang: Kaity, Abby, Cassandra, and I

Here we go!
Kinda looked like tomato sauce in the pic..
Just mixing away.
The aftermath.

Gotta cook it right!
Before...
So amazing!
After.


No comments:

Post a Comment