Thursday, September 26, 2013

9/26/1933

Today would have been my Grandpa's 80th birthday. He left this earth 5.5 years ago after battling cancer for almost 2 years. He was the biggest role model in my life, and he has so many special memories for me to remember. He taught me to play softball, he taught me to hide food from grandma (in the car, closets, and in his sock drawer), and he/grandma let me eat ice cream for breakfast. He is someone I wish I could have one more moment with. He passed away my freshman year of high school, and I always have wished for one more day. One more day for him to see where I have been, what I have done, and what I have accomplished. One more day to see me graduate from college, get married, or have my own kids. I want one more phone call with him, and to hear him say "I love you." would be the best sentence ever. I want to see him wiggle his ears or stick out his fake teeth, and most of all I want to hear his voice. I miss him so much especially when everything else is crashing down around me, and boy has the last two weeks been absolutely terrible. I miss you grandpa. Happy Birthday!

I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment