Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Mingling and Memorial Day.

Southern Sunflowers and Coffee Beans
New at this mingling thing.
Happy Memorial Day Monday! 
This is a great day to celebrate and remember all those fighting, have fought, and have died defending our freedom and our country. I know all too well some of the men and women who were in our Armed Forces. Last summer I work at a VA. That is a hospital specifically designed for the retired military and veterans who need medical care or housing. I was placed on two wards of vets. I helped feed, change, bathe, and talk to over thirty veterans everyday. It was a great opportunity to both serve those who served for us and utilize some of my training in nursing school. I am very greatful to the men and women who risk their lives for our safety day in and day out. I am proud to say that my dad was in the Navy and my grandfather was in the Air Force. Neither of them saw combat, but it was their actions that still kept up safe. 

I hope you all are thankful for what the military does for us, and you might be in the military yourself. So, thank you for your service in the United States Military whether it be the Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, or the National Guard. 

Have a  great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment