Thursday, June 6, 2013

Best and worst day of the week (on the same day)

Hey, Happy Thursday!

I just wanted to share with you how possible it is to have the best and worst day ever on the same day and within hours of each other. Did that make sense?

I had plans to go to Meineke (a mechanic shop here in IL) to get my brakes checked for free. Um hello, Free is my fave word!! So I went there, they told me that I needed new brakes like yesterday. Great. I'm a college kid remember. No tengo dinero. I have no money.

So, I said okay go ahead. Then there was a problem with the master cylinder. They gave me a rental for a few hours so I didn't have to sit at the shop all day. I went to the mall. SHOPPING! Window shopping to be specific. So I was a gap and found an eight dollar pair of jeans (This is a great steal at Gap). $8! Not to mention that I have dropped an jean size since coming home from college! (This is the best part of my day). I went to pay with my credit card (that I wanted to use at the mechanic), and it was declined. I called the company, and it is apparently not the most recent card. Great.

Now I have no way to pay the mechanic. Somehow, God was with me in that I scraped together enough money to pay with cash, debit and credit. I am now completely broke. Like 60 dollars to my name broke. Pay day is in a week, and then I will be able to breathe again.

So, today I have new brakes and a caramel macchiato. I am sitting at starbucks emailing financial aid, possible employers, and snapchatting people.

I have really come to realize over the past week or so how much I need to lean on God and trust Him. I have heard this from many of my friends. I am thankful for them in this time of craziness. I am currently listening to Avril Lavigne's Keep Holding On. Talk about perfect timing.

Have a great rest of the week/beginning to the weekend.
-b
Go Hawks! We are currently 2-1.
They play at 8 tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment