Monday, February 27, 2012

Sacrifice.

My RA, Caroline, challenged us for the Lenten season to do these challenges on a website.
We were to watch the 6 short videos, read Romans 12, and post a story or something along those lines. Well I can do the first too, but this website requires you to register using your Facebook account (which I gave up for Lent.).

The first challenge entitled: What are you willing to sacrifice?

http://www.worldvisionacts.org/challenges/prepare-for-lent-what-are-you-willing-to-sacrifice

This is the link. I highly recommend you check it out.
Upon watching the videos and reading Romans 12, I was challenged in renewing or discovering my real definition of sacrifice.

I think sacrifice is your willingness and selflessness to give up something, yourself, and ultimately your life to God and what ever He calls you to do for Him.

The people in the 6 videos below in the link had some pretty powerful things to say.
 http://blog.worldvisionacts.org/2012/02/sacrifice/

Sacrifice according to the 6 videos:
-Willing to give part of yourself to something with love
-Being pushed to your breaking point, pushed to do what's really hard and what doesn't make sense anymore.  Giving something up to the point it hurts.
-What about the 7 billion other people on this earth who have bigger needs that you or I?
-I am not first.
-Esteeming others higher that yourself.
-Learning to love sacrifice because Christ did.

I think the one statement that impacted me the most was: God didn't give us hand-me-downs.  He gave us the best. He gave us his only Son.

So I challenge you. Whoever your are reading this blog to take on these weekly challenges starting on Sunday.

Romans 12- "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy, and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

What is sacrifice to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment