Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day trip to Chicago!

Well for those of you who don't know where I live, I live within an hour of the beautiful city of Chicago. My mom and I took the metra this morning into the city. We walked to Willis Tower, and we went up to the 103rd floor in a super fast elevator to stand on the ledge. This is a glass cube suspended above the city! Supposedly you can see 4 states from it, but it was partly cloudy. I stood out on the cube, but my mom chickened out at the last minute cause her nerves kicked in.

Once we had both feet back on the ground, we walked to Grant Park (where the Bean is and Buckingham Fountain) for the Taste of Chicago. You buy tickets and you can sample food and drinks that are offered. There were tons of options. We got the taste portions so that we could try lots of food. We consumed pizza, potstickers, ice cream, crepes, sweet potato fries, cheeseburger, and much more. My mom literally walked right into the Mayor of Chicago, and they exchanged words of apology. It was hilarious.

Later, we went to the Bean for the famous pictures. We obviously needed more food, and we stopped at Panera, mainly to sit. We got Garrett's popcorn (a Chicago must-have), and walked back to the metra train station. It was a great day overall, but I got a little too much sun for my liking. Here are some of my pics... I took 327 pictures!










Also yesterday, I booked a flight to see my great friend Cassandra!!! I can't wait to leave Chicago for Denver at the end of the summer. We are going to roadtrip it back to Chicago where we go to school. So excited! 40 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment