Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I am alive (I promise)!

Hey all!

I know that I am a terrible person, and I totally put blogging on the back burner for the last two weeks. I attempted my Sunday currently post, and I am pretty sure that I only completed like three of the words before I said sleep is more important. I have been pulling my hair out with frustration at how busy pretty much everyone has been. Here's a glimpse at what I have been doing.

My friend, Kaity, and I got up at 4:45 am on Sunday to head to downtown Chicago to volunteer at the Shamrock Shuffle 8k. We had a blast! There were just over 40,000 participants in the race; which, to me that is just crazy talk!
We calculated it to be nine hundred cups on the table at one time!
Monday, the anatomy exam didn't go as planned. I didn't study enough due to the above event completely killing all energy I had. My grade went down a whopping 3 points. I'm sorry the class average was a D, and mine was definitely only a 59. What a bummer for my confidence.

Yesterday, the nursing students took the TEAS test. We arrived on time to the computer facility at our school, and we got set up. Some students got this crazy box; so they switched computers. There were so many problems that we called IT at the test company, and they proceeded to tell us to download firefox. Then they had to download Silverlight. We finally got to take the exam about an hour later than planned. I got frustrated with the Science portion, but Reading, Math, and English was a breeze!! I passed with flying colors. Yay! 

Today is the last day to get into the cadavers; we have so much to study for this practical! We are covering I believe 12 pages of information of the Digestive, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, and Urogenital systems. I take the practical at 4pm tomorrow. (I am beginning to panic!)

So, this is all of what's been happening in my life as of late. I am excited to take a very short breather Thursday night, and then I have to jump back into the swing of things for a long paper due on Monday. 

Have a great week/ weekend!
-b

No comments:

Post a Comment